Monday, April 28, 2008

Catch Up

So, this weekend was great. We spent Friday evening at the pool with a picnic dinner (excellent weather here in California this weekend...still 80 degree at 6:00 pm making a dinner poolside extremely pleasant). We spent Saturday afternoon at the beach and while I didn't feel like our usual bean and cheese burritos from Pedro's, I came home and made a thick veggie sandwich with cucumbers, avocado, tomatoes, cheese and shredded carrots. Delicious. And since I paired it with some snacks it was the perfect amount.

Sunday was spent at my parents. My mom made a great teriyaki salmon on the bbq with pad thai noodles and artichokes with a side of flaxseed ciabatta bread (had no idea there was such a thing, but it was good). For dessert that night we had vanilla ice cream topped with fresh raspberries from Costco. I guess raspberries are in season beginning right now because they were perfectly sweet and not too tart at all.

I've got some tasty meals coming this week, including the asian pasta salad I posted about below.

No comments: