- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 tablespoons canned solid-pack pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Coat 12 standard-size muffin-pan cups with nonstick cooking spray, coating muffin-pan top around cups as well.
2. Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and allspice in large bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. Beat together egg substitute, pumpkin, milk and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing equally. Sprinkle pecans over the tops of the muffin batter.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Remove muffins from the pan to a wire rack. Let cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.