Monday, May 19, 2008

Spinach and Feta Frittata

I had this at a baby shower on Saturday and it was so good! I haven't tried the recipe myself, but I made sure to get it before I left. The woman who made it says she subsitutes low-fat versions of the cheeses and it comes out just the same (but I think if you are going to eat cheese, just eat the real stuff:)

1 package fresh spinach (cooked down and squeezed to removed extra water)
12 eggs
½ cup milk
½ -3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
8 oz. Cottage cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ cheddar cheese
Pepper to taste

Directions: Whisk eggs till light and fluffy and add milk. Mix again till combined. Add all remaining ingredients together in bowl and mix. Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 F, until centre is set and slightly golden on top. This may take anywhere between 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven.

2 comments:

k. said...

Okay Lindsey, dumb question- what is the difference between a Frittata and a quiche?

Missy said...

I think quiche has the crust and the frittata doesn't.

Either way, this look easy and good.