Friday, May 02, 2008

Lemon Squares

This is my mom's recipe and another one of my favorites. Like most of my lemon recipes, I always add a little more lemon into the recipe (be it more zest or more juice).

Lemon Squares

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar

4 eggs (slightly beaten)
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
6 Tablespoons lemon juice

Directions: Mix the softened butter, 2 cups flour and powdered sugar together. Butter should be softened, but not melted. This creates a doughy-type base. Pat into a 9x13 pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

For the filling, mix eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup flour and lemon juice together. Pour over cooked crust and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Yum. I've always loved lemon bars and have never known a recipe. I want to make these this weekend! The cupcakes look delicious too. I'll have to post a recipe I have for lemonade cake. It's SO good.