Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mexican Quiche

First prepare crust or buy a premade one. Prick and bake single shell just till light golden color.

Then Mix:
5 eggs
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt to taste (1/4-1/2tsp.)

Add:
1 c. ricotta
2 c. Mex. Cheese (or 1 c. Monterrey Jack and 1 c. Cheddar mild)
4 oz. green chiles
1/4 c. butter melted, but not hot

Mix all ingredients in order. You may like to reserve a small portion of cheese to sprinkle on top last few minutes of baking to garnish. Pour mixture into pre-baked pie crust. If you don't have a quiche size dish to cook this in you can use a pie tin, but there will be excess mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Check crust after 25 minutes, and cover with foil ring just around crust. Serve with sliced avocado on top!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Yea! Megg is posting. I'm so glad! But, I won't be trying the last two recipes since I abhor eggs. Very sad, I know. Just can't do it.

Meggan said...

You don't like quiche? That is ridiculous. It is so good.

I'm trying to keep up with all the posting I need to do, but it's hard...