Friday, February 02, 2007

Frozen Brownies from a Guest Blogger!

I'd like to introduce our very first guest blogger! Lillie Biesinger is my friend from college and she is currently living in the California desert. She is a lover of Trader Joe's and with that comes good food. Thanks for sharing Lillie!

Brownies:
2/3 c. melted butter
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. baking cocoa
1/2 c. walnuts (I never do this, but if you like nuts in them)
1 c. chocolate chips (sprinkled on top)

1. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla
2. Add melted butter
3. Sift together dries
4. Mix all together
5. Spread in greased 9x13
6. Sprinkle with 1 c. chocolate chips (half milk/half semi sweet is good- whatever you have)
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min. (I usually do about 26- brownies do not appear to be totall cooked in the middle when they are ready to be pulled out of the oven, but when the edges separate from pan, brownies are done.

Lillie freezes this brownies (individually Lil?) and eats them as a dessert. I haven't tried these, but she says that frozen is the way to go...

{If anyone else would like to feature a guest blogger, please let me know! We love recipes from everyone}

2 comments:

Lillie said...

Oooh I'm so honored...I even got some face time on the recipe blog! We usually make these brownies and eat them warm with guests and then I freeze the rest in big squares in little zip locks and snack on them all week! (Confession).
Warm with icecream is always good but frozen is my personal favorite for sure.

Lillie said...

one more thing-- if you plan on freezing them, particularly for like an icecream cake (think mint chip ice cream, oreos, and hot fudge on top) they're better underdone so they stay chewier. Just over 20 min.