- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. make bacon and cut into small pieces. i zap in the microwave cause i hate to get burned when i make it on the stove and it seems to be a little less greasy. i just put in on a plate with paper towels over and under it and cook till it is done.
2. put broccoli, cheese, onion, bacon in bowl.
3. prepare the dressing in a small bowl- whisk together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. combine dressing with salad. cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
some people like to add nuts or sunflower seeds, raisins, and/or grated carrots. luke would throw up if there were raisins in it, so i don't do that. but that doesn't mean you can't. also you could use low fat mayo, or lessen the amount a tad and it wouldn't hurt either.