Thursday, July 03, 2008

Golden Gate Grills

Just got this recipe from my new friend Charity. Yums!

2-3 beaten eggs
Parmesan cheese (the kind you buy and use for pasta)
sliced ham and turkey (I like to have it thinly sliced at the deli)
avocado..sliced or mashed*
red onion, sliced thinly
sliced tomato (use 1-2 based on the amount of sandwiches you are planning on making)
sliced cheese (Provolone, Muenster, Cheddar...choose your favorite)
Bread of choosing (whole grain, sourdough, buttermilk...again, you choose)

1. Dip one side of one slice of bread in beaten egg, shake Parmesan cheese over the egg, covering the bread slice entirely, (don't worry if your Parmesan cheese is piled in places)

2. Place in hot buttered pan, egg side down (just as if you were making a grilled cheese or french toast.

3. Pile remaining ingredients on top of bread slice.

4. Top with remaining slice of bread, with one side dipped in egg and covered in Parmesan cheese.

5. Grill until golden (similar to grilled cheese) Cut in half and enjoy...

*I like to mash my avocado instead of slicing it so they don't slide off my sandwich, I also like to place my cheese on last, so it's closest to the bread and melts when the sandwich is flipped.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love a good sandwich! I'll have to try ths