Monday, October 09, 2006

Alfredo Sauce

This is homemade alfredo sauce. It's very good - I know Ashley doesn't like alfredo so this recipe isn't for you - and super easy (pattern of all of my posts right?). Anyway, make this for a quick dish with some spinach noodles, garlic bread and a salt. Tasty. Sometimes we bbq some chicken with it, but I rarely eat meat, so it's only if Devin feels like bbqing!

1/2 Cup Butter
2 TB. Flour
1 tsp. garlic salt (or crushed garlic)
2 Cups cream (I use milk, less fat and still very good!)
1 Cup Parmesan cheese
pepper to taste

Melt butter over Medium heat, add garlic salt and flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and parmesan cheese, and bring to boil. Set heat to low and continue stirring until it reaches your desired thickness.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Meggan said...

Miss, what does it mean to put the sauce on spinach noodles, have garlic bread and a salt? What do you put the salt on and how many kinds of salt are there to choose from?

Meggan said...

hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I need a good alfredo sauce recipe...I tried one the other day and it made the parm cheese all clumpy-yuck! I am excited to try this one!

ashley said...

ya know what, i am going to try this one, sounds good! we eat so much red sauce (luke is obsessed with itallian food) that it will be a welcomed change!